I received such a spam calendar entry, i was shocked, suddently out of nowhere i am checking my full calendar of entries and events, meetings and all, there it is, a spam entry from unknown xyz spammer, telling me to buy something or sorts.
Here is how I reproduced this scenario, you can see how it works:
- Starting with the entry on the spammer account, go login at your Google Calendar, now add a testcalendar
- Now add the spam entry by clicking somewhere, choose the just created calendar and proceed to “edit”:
- Now we will edit the details of our spam calendar entry, of course all this could be automated 😉
- Once you add it, make sure you DON’T send an invite, that’s the point 😉
- Here it appears on our preys calendar, this is how it should look (you can test it by creating a 2nd google account with any email):
- Now if we look at the option the prey has, he can report the entry, see below:
- But, get’s another window to confirm it, seriously 😉 ?
- It’s gone on his calendar:
- But in my account it still shows:
- Maybe we can check the details by clicking on it, clearly we can see the email is removed!
- Now i added it back:
- And wualaa, it appears again on our preys screen, so spam reporting does not really work, you can create thousands of gmail accounts for 10 bucks, then create thousands of calendars for your spam acitivities and automate everything up to the posting:
Thanks for reading!